Sunday, October 24, 2010

monster apples!

so somehow the weeks had gotten away from me and i realized that i never went apple picking like i had been planning on doing.  so guess what i decided to do this weekend?  yup.  unfortunately, the orchard i go to had just closed for the season - the day before!  so i just drove out to delicious orchards instead, because i had my heart set on making applesauce.  i also had my heart set on jelly belly candy corn (the only vegan candy corn option i have encountered in my years).  they always have quite the selection.  i immediately regret my annual candy corn indulgence moments after i begin to stuff my face, but man, is it tasty.  worth the tummy ache that follows.  oh, i also loaded up on apple cider.  yum!  

anyway, i found thee biggest apples i have ever seen in my life while shopping:


a giant fuji apple, held by my friend lyndsay.  yes, those are adult hands.  i'm telling you, those things were monsters!  the six apples i bought weighed in at five and a half pounds!  


the applesauce was way less interesting to take pictures of.  but, it came out totally delicious, and the house smelled fabulous!

1 comment:

  1. Elite Fuji apples from Wenatchee, Washington

    ReplyDelete