Tuesday, July 6, 2010

no time like the present

i've thought often of starting a blog over the years. recently, it's been on my mind a bunch, this week in particular. it's my first summer not working since i was 15 years old. i've been home feeling antsy and bored, avoiding the heat and spending a lot of time with my laptop. it got me thinking: hey, there's no time like the present.

for those of you who don't yet know me, a crash course introduction:
i'm a 31 year old pre-k teacher at a private school. photography was always my first love, but it's become more of a hobby these days. i love traveling and ethnic food. i live for a good sale.
chris is my bf/bffl/partner in crime. he's a photographer and the funniest guy i know. we spend a lot of time in the kitchen cooking yummy, vegan meals together. he really likes pancakes, antique chairs and me.

rosie and mr. alphabet are our kitties. they're brother and sister. they spoon a lot.

joe is our roommate. he's a punk. and an engineer.
we all live under the same leaky roof in tinton falls, nj. one weird, eccentric, happy family.

i wish i could say i'm one of those focused types who can keep a tidy, organized blog about one specific area of their life, but i know that'd be a big fat lie. i'm more of an all-over-the-place girl. i'm easily amused and equally as distracted, and i'm predicting a similar pattern for this blog. and that's perfectly fine with me. a little bit of this. a little bit of that. a place to share new recipes and adventures. cute design and thrift store finds. photos and projects.

so here it is:

welcome to my little corner of the universe. i hope you enjoy life as i see it.

2 comments:

  1. Yay, finally I get a door into the magnificent inner-workings of your mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg this is awesome! Congratulations on job well done! And by the way....I do enjoy life as you see it!!!!!!
    JoAnn Petrantis

    ReplyDelete